Saturday, August 18, 2007

noir

Of course I could be spending my time doing something more profitable, but to blog is to procrastinate. So last night ended up being an awesome night out like I haven't had in a long while. Fish Bar wasn't so crappy as usual and the music was strangely good. We then moved on to the new revamped hotel bar, which had the coolest fit out like in a magazine and everything. Shame the clientele didn't live up to the decor.



Lastly we went to meet angsty A in all her birthday angstiness at the place formerly known as Malga ... the scene of AbD's triumphant investigations! By this time we were all feeling quite wasted. And we danced to crappy music and got more wasted. And I said hola to the little Chileans ... who I say HOLA! too a lot. So I said HOLA to them and Carlos said "Do you speak Spanish?"

The choreographer one of the two was a surprisingly unco-ordinated dancer for a .... dancer... or maybe I just wasn't getting it.

So inspired by going to the movies the other night ... when did they replace the term advertisement with "message of interest"? Come on! I was all set to go to the film festival screening of "Old Joy" because it has Will Oldham in it, not because it is in the film festival. I think it is bourgeois assumption that things are an artform if they can be in a festival. Anyways I was already to go see Will shuffle and whisper if his acting is anything like his singing, that is, but it turns out that it was last week. So I will just have to stare at this non-moving picture ... that's why they are called stills folks ...


And for your clicking pleasure ... a charming craft site, but beware there lurks a dark side to his art ...

http://bentobjects.blogspot.com/

No comments: