Wednesday, August 01, 2007

do I know you from somewhere?

Back in the W-town, and I always feel just a little bit sexier ... okay more interesting which passes for sexy around here ...

Wellingtonians just seem more happy. They don't scowl at you on the street or shout from cars. Is this what they mean by 'civil society'? Have been getting back into the swing of things back in the Palmengrad and the job, but its 7:30 and I am about to have an hour long online meeting with clients. So modern so dull. Slipped away for an hour to a bar and met up with Uncle S who caught me up on the arrival of babies ... so many babies ... mine must be in the post.

I went to the national bird show the other day. Apparently birds freak a lot of people out. I kinda like the way that they look at you. I also like photographing them ... as you might have noticed. Luckily for you I don't have my camera with me. It is interesting how phobias seems to be culturally learnt phenomenona. The people of the village think we re crazy to be scared of rats and spiders, but they are horrified by tiny little lizards.

Oh well I had better get back to my cyberhui ...

No comments: