Friday, August 17, 2007

a bell is a cup until it's struck

and a pony is a small horse.

Thanks to E, for answers to this, and many other of life's questions.

Some of you may know that I was going to NYC in the new year to celebrate a small mile stone. Well the Al Qaeda of birthdays i.e. my family have hijacked that plane ... plan and rerouted the celebrations to an all-family love-in a place quite a bit like New York ... only smaller and less interesting. So book your plane tickets folks we're off to Blenheim. Hurrah.

No other news to report. I am getting a new office, but since work talk is verboten, I can't go into the ins and outs of all that.

Ah well, I'm hitting the shower cos I am out on the town. Am meeting people at the fish bar, which passes for hip around here, but is actually just annoying. The bouncer looks Saddam Hussein, but his name is Ashley. That just about sums up the place.

2 comments:

Monkey's Max said...

I need to email you. I haven't even told you yet that my parents are going to New Zealand in February. They are going with another American couple to travel around with a Kiwi couple they met on their Antarctic cruise. I want them to take you out because you were already gone when they visited me in Ústí.

Ludovic said...

I would love to meet the famous S and E ... can't you come too. Tell them though that in no circumstances should they come to the 'Grad but I would be more than happy to meet them in Wellington. Usti had an industrial charm that the 'grad can't manage ... though if coming to the manawastan they might be intrigued by bogs and marshes.