Saturday, April 21, 2007

what happens to the rat that stops running the maze?

The doctors think it's dumb but it's just disappointed...

Yes more nostalgia music buying. I am trying now to resist an Afghan Whigs restock. A week of unrelenting stress, angst and to admit to you all anger, well just a little. The weekend again and here I am in the kitchen thinking music of the early nineties. Talked on the phone for over an hour with C.C in Sydney, which was great, trans-Tasman gossip lines though. And it looks like NYC for 40th birthday ... any takers?

On the surface this weekend is stretching out into a silent and empty few days, before the clients return on Monday .... for another short week ... anzac day ... but underneath it all will be the nagging suggestion of work to be done, bedrooms to be tidied and the like. I am going to go looking at houses with a colleague. Really for her, but secretly for me. I have never really wanted to be a home owner before. I guess though I am relenting to the Pakeha dream of owning land ... and if I don't do it now I will never get it into it.

I'm pretty picky too. There are really only a few streets I want to live in in this town, and even then only a few houses. In fact, I think I really want to own this house, but that's not an option. Open homes scare me ... hell as you know ... I can't really stand visitors. So being a stranger is some poor person's house, basically invited to judge their taste and decorating skills is a bit off-putting.

Well enough dullness ... Would you like to me blog on american idol/america's top model/dancing with the stars ?

I thought not.

3 comments:

Monkey's Max said...

Ludo, I hadn't been here for a while so today I read all the way down to the part where you and I were in Plovdiv. That was cool.

I have not been able to get back into my normal habits since I got back from LA - meaning that I am not writing as much as I would like to, and I am obviously not even getting round to my friends' blogs.

I'm putting a link to yours up on mine again.

Love you.

Katy said...

NYC for 40th? Would love to see you there. Keep me posted. We'd do it better this time!

Keep wanting to suggest also - if no fridge magnets, try using post it notes for your shopping list. It should be obvious from that last sentence I'm turning into something... else. But I have been burning to say it for ages.

Ludovic said...

K
I think we did it pretty good last time. Remember the two ladies who liked your pants ... and th falling photo with Icarus? way better than creepy Philadelphia ... Hurrah for NYC 40!THe good kids tour returns
May be in London in September too

M
Cheers for the link! NYC you could protect us!
L