Monday, February 05, 2007

crap at holidays

unless playing patience counts. I am never going in for home improvement projects again ... So about two years ago I bought some pacificcy flowery fabrics to make panels to hang on the walls to replace the yes-we've-been-to-the-louvre-and loved-Monets-and-only-like-Picasso's-blue-period prints my landlords put up to create bella figura in the Villa Palmangrada. And finally I got round to attaching them to frames. They look great despite the stress that hammering and gluing created, and if you look closely round the back you can see my blood ... That's what happens when you use a shoe for a hammer... But Oh God Oh God Oh God trying to hang them up ... my mouth was afire with obscenities. Getting them even ... getting them straight ... getting the hooks to catch the string ... then the adhesive hooks falling out .... Oh God Oh God ... I guess I will finish the project next year... Perhaps there are professionals who can come and do the hanging. It would be worth it whatever the price.

I had my haircut today which is always an awful experience. But Myra ... Yes, Myra .... was explaining that her previous client was throwing a 50th birthday surprise party for a friend who had already celebrated the anniversary of her birth on the day it fell, back in November last year. I guess she will be very surprised.

1 comment:

bryan said...

might be a stupid comment, but were you using drywall anchors to prevent nails from coming out of the wall? They work well, definitely worth the $1.50.

bryan
http://isitjustme-bryan.blogspot.com