Sunday, January 21, 2007

another year

older, and my last in the thirties as my oldest sister reminded me. No bubbles and badminton this year, just beer and karaoke. Well, Karaoke dancing, if that makes any sense. Talked to the sisters, and friends, and after the b'day excitement, have had, one must admit, an incredibly boring weekend and sense I will have many more to come ... hopefully, or maybe not ...

As you can tell by the silence, not much to report. Just work, and all those organising for the yeare kinda things you have to get done, including appraisals. Ugh. Am going to have a couple of weeks off and have resisted expectations, including my own, that I would return to the islands, but at the moment, I can't face it/am not ready for it and want a holiday, for once.

Might disappear to a city for a while, might just chill at home, though the deafening silence here has been getting to me ... in the house that is, so maybe some traffic noise might do some good.

I have been entertaining myself with microcrushes, though if I am honest, they are purely entertainment, and perhaps somewhat fictive. Mainly about accents and dark hair.

So this blog contains no new fresher, more lively me, sorry about that. Its just as schmerzig as before. I'm not sure why I am not so in love with the world anymore, or is it myself, I no longer care for.

Perhaps my increasingly schizophrenic dad should be my role model. He has gone on a lawn bowls holiday. 2 weeks of the blue rinsed, the grey haired and the no haired slugging it out on the green sward. Except he and his wife are taking a weekend off from the geriatric olympiad to go and see Lou Reed.

No comments: