Saturday, May 26, 2007

this is the one that we played at assembly ...

Last night I went to my first school dance ... that is if you don't count the 'Disco for Kampuchea' that Jane Kaeshagen and I organised in Grade 7. Actually, it wasn't a school dance it was a real gig at 'the tummy', the all ages venue here in the 'Grad.

Days gone by I used to go see my friends' bands. The D4, Hustler, Glam R Us. Now I go to my friends' kids' bands. Still it was pretty awesome and like being at High School. The Semi Automatics opened for a couple of older bands, but there was still a see of emos all throwing their goats as if NCEA depended upon it. And the lead singer, pretty charismatic for a 16yr old really did intro one of the songs with the title of today's post. So cute... except for the girls screaming 'Oh.My.God. everytime one of their little friends arrived.

I'd like to link you, but they appear to be the only band that aren't on myspace.

Unfortunately one of the other adult team was this really creepy French guy who appears to spend too much time at home. It was like he had never seen women before. He was also amazed that I had no idea how much baby sitting cost. But why the fuck would I? I have a day job.

So well anyway, cleaning the house can no longer

No comments: