Sunday, March 18, 2007

someone needs to go

to abuse school. Walking home on Friday night at the dangerous hour of 9pm, I got this shouted at me from a dude in a car
you're a fucking sexy man ... or woman ... or whatever you are

I think I'll analyse that as an initial slippage with a poorly attempted coverup.
Still abuse from passing cars is the norm here. I had apples pelted at me from a moving vehicle the first week I lived in this town which really kicked off my loving relationship with this place.
Ill-advisedly, we went out last night. We forgot it was St Patrick's day ... and fiddly dee potatoes to that, I say. Though I did learn an amusing new expression -kia ora begorrahs i.e. people of Irish and Maaori ancestry. Everywhere we were out of place, too old, not rugby enough, not emo enough, not wearing green, not pissed till puking. MelF and McDreamy are coming up next weekend and I am worried now about how entertain them. I am tired of smirking at the provincial ways here. It is no longer amusing, now I get that there are no alternatives.

No comments: